Happy Dance!

Posted by on November 7, 2013

So Happy!!

Tonight I worked on getting the door lock actuator working so I could finally have my fire extinguisher effect.

essentially I just replaced the weak solenoid with the awesome door lock motor that Victor recommended.  I got this one on Amazon for about $7 and free shipping!


rigged up by kimncris, on Flickr

 

here is the can data btw


barcode by kimncris, on Flickr


brand by kimncris, on Flickr

and I made this little cheesy mount for my servo and switch

switch open


servo linkage by kimncris, on Flickr

and closed via servo


servo linkage 2 by kimncris, on Flickr

this made the code very easy (and also the wiring – just hook up servo to the three pins on the servo controller, and battery 12v to the pushbutton switch. I moved the diode over to the actuator as well just in case)


spray code by kimncris, on Flickr

here is a video of the first test


to secure the can I looped a dryer vent clamp through one of the iron uprights


slipped under side rail by kimncris, on Flickr

you can see it here through the front large panel door


view through large door by kimncris, on Flickr

for now the servo and switch assemby are resting inside the large back panel of r2 at the bottom. I need to add a hinge to this door at some point.


servo assembly inside back large door by kimncris, on Flickr

can top view


can inside r2 by kimncris, on Flickr

what you can’t see it the clear hose running from the nozzle to the front top center vent

but it is there


tube by kimncris, on Flickr


mist 2 by kimncris, on Flickr


DSC08723 by kimncris, on Flickr

video!

-cris

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *