Prep for the 11th annual Maker Faire

Posted by on May 14, 2016

In preparation for the Maker Faire I wanted to have some improvements over last year.

I have been doing quite a bit, but not much documentation.

I replaced my old light system with the fiber optics offered on the astromech forum. They are much nicer, but caused me power problems. I have rewired a little to help this problem. I also added servos to the utility arms (and installed the aluminum ones I got long ago) and the two tall doors to reveal the two gadgets inside.

also- since my dye was fading somewhat terribly, I masked off the panels and re-sprayed.

Paint touch up by Kim'n'Cris Knight, on FlickrPaint touch up by Kim'n'Cris Knight, on FlickrPaint touch up by Kim'n'Cris Knight, on Flick R2 is feeling blue againPaint touch up by Kim'n'Cris Knight, on FlickrPaint touch up by Kim'n'Cris Knight, on FlickrFresh new blue by Kim'n'Cris Knight, on Flickr

 

I have been adding servos, and working to eliminate the Dan Power Board from the systeGetting closer. Now using Chris’s 5v power board for servo and dome power runs. Running the arduino off of 5v from the pololu converter through the power connector now instead of USB from the Dan BoardAdded a crap diagram of the servo levers and photographs in case / when they break.Door servos for the two tall doors now operating like marrionettes with fishing line pulling them open/shut. bad_drawing by Kim&Cris Knight, on Flickrwiring working with labels by Kim&Cris Knight, on Flickrdoor servo with fishing line by Kim&Cris Knight, on Flickrbottom arm servo by Kim&Cris Knight, on Flickrtop arm servo by Kim&Cris Knight, on Flickrbottom close wiring detail by Kim&Cris Knight, on Flickrtop close wiring detail by Kim&Cris Knight, on Flickrnew wiring by Kim&Cris Knight, on Flickr

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *